amoxicillin 500mg is prescribed for the treatment of the different types of infections. It is used for treating the disease of the ear, respiratory tract, throat, soft skin tissue, urinary tract infection, and typhoid fever
Amoxicillin 500mg capsules for humans kill the H pylori bacteria in patients suffering from peptic ulcers. Being a broad-spectrum antibiotic medicine Cipmox 500 stops and kills the growth of various strains of bacteria.
The medication should be taken along with food; otherwise, the patient may experience stomach upset. Remember to take it as prescribed by the doctor regularly and do not miss even a single dose.
Even if the symptoms have subsided, do not stop the medication complete the full course. If the drug is stopped midway, the condition may worsen. The dosage and treatment duration varies depending upon the patient as the response rate varies from person to person and the type of infection. Amoxicillin 500mg dosage for sinus infection is used widely.
If you are allergic to any penicillin type of medicine or penicillin, inform your doctor. Allergic reactions, diarrhea, and rash are mild side effects; if the side effects are severe, seek medical help. Although Cipmox is safe during pregnancy, it should be taken only under medical supervision
Amoxicillin 500mg is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various types of infections caused by bacteria. The infection can be an infection of the brain, bones, blood, lungs, intestines, urinary tract, joints, stomach, etc.
Cipmox is also used to treat dental infections, pressure sores, gum ulcers, and leg ulcers. The medication shows its action by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, causing infection.
The symptoms of the infection are relieved quickly; however, it is very important to complete the dose as prescribed by the doctor. If the dose is discontinued, then the bacteria become resistant and are not killed. The medication is considered safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
The side effects caused by Amoxicillin are very mild and do not require any medical help because they go away once the body adjusts to the medication; everyone doesn’t need to experience side effects; however, if the side effects seem severe, one must seek medical help.
Also, do not forget that the doctor is well qualified, has enough knowledge, and has prescribed you because the medication has greater benefits than side effects. Most people do not experience these side effects.
If the medication is used for a long period of time, the person may experience a vaginal yeast infection. Some people experience vaginal discharge, white patches, or any other symptoms.
Always store the medicine at normal temperature away from moisture and light. Check the label of the medication and store it as specified in the label. Keep the medicine away from pets and children
Never flush the medication in the toilet. Discard the medicine if it’s expired
Common side effects of Cipmox
- Allergic reaction
Serious side effects
Serious side effects happen to less than 1 in 1000 people and are very rare
Seek medical help if the side effects are severe.
- Diarrhea along with mucus or blood (stomach cramps). Also, if the patients suffer from severe diarrhea (more than four days), consult a doctor.
- bruising or skin discoloration
- yellowing of the skin and whites your eyes
- a skin rash with circular red patches
- pale poo with dark pee (warning signs of liver or gallbladder problems)
- muscle or joint pain after two days of medicine.
- a skin rash with circular red patches
- These side effects can last up to 2 months, even after the course.
Serious allergic reaction
1 in 15 people usually has an allergic reaction to Amoxicillin.
Some symptoms of Allergic reaction are
- , a raised, itchy skin rash
Anti-histamines treat the allergic reactions
Sometimes Amoxicillin can even cause anaphylaxis
How to take the medicine
Take Cipromax as recommended by your physicians; take it after mean within 1 hour, once a day. The dosage depends on the response to treatment and the medical condition of the patients.
The extended released tablets should not be chewed or crushed. If the extended released tablet is destroyed, the drug will be released at once, and there is a high chance of side effects. If the tabled is scored, you can break the tablet for dose adjustment. However, do it only if advised by a doctor or pharmacist.
Do not forget to drink enough water while on medication or do as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
To achieve maximum benefits, take the medication at the same time every day.
Taking alcohol along with Amoxicillin does not cause any serious side effects.
Cipmox 500 is normally safe in pregnant and breastfeeding women; however, it takes only if prescribed by the doctor and never self-medicate. Animal studies accrued out showed no side effects on developing babies.
Amoxicillin can cause a side effect that can hamper the driving ability; hence do not drive if you have taken Amoxicillin.
After taking Amoxicillin, the person may have some allergic reaction like convulsion or dizziness; hence one should not drive.
If you are suffering from any kidney disease, use Amoxicillin with caution. Dose adjustment is a must for patients suffering from kidney disease; hence consult your physician or pharmacist.
Amoxicillin should not be used in the patient with severe kidney disease.
Amoxicillin should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment is very important in such patients; hence consult your doctor.
Monitoring of liver function is necessary if you are on Amoxicillin.
The effect of the medication can alter if taken along with herbal products or any other drug. The risk of the side effects can be increased if it is not taken properly; drug interaction does not occur always but is possible in some cases.
The drug interaction can be managed if the drugs are monitored properly, and a doctor or pharmacist can do this.
To manage and avoid drug interaction, you should tell your doctor about all the medication you are using, be it non-prescription drugs or prescription drugs, or herbal products, before taking Amoxicillin.
If you plan to stop-start or take a break from the medication, please consult your doctor and do so only if he allows. Amoxicillin 500mg dosage varies from person to person depending upon the condition
Methotrexate can interact with Amoxicillin . Amoxicillin can also alter the test of diabetes and show false-positive results of urine testing. It is better to inform your doctor and laboratory person about this drug.
Amoxicillin is contraindicated along with certain medications and also if you are suffering from the following conditions.
- liver problems
- severe renal impairment
- mononucleosis (the kissing disease)
- diarrhea from an (infection with Clostridium bacteria)
- blockage of normal bile flow
How it Works
Amoxicillin belongs to the class of beta-lactam antimicrobials. Amoxicillin inhibits transpeptidation; it is the process of cross-linking in cell wall synthesis by binding the penicillin protein. The autolytic enzyme is activated in the bacterial cell wall.
- Amoxicillin 500mg for tooth infection is used widely by dentists
- It is crucial to complete the course; otherwise, the bacteria will not be killed completely, and they can become resistant to it.
- Some side effects of Amoxicillin are diarrhea; in such cases, probiotics can provide relief. Consult the doctor in case if you see bloody stools or experience abdominal cramps.
- If you are experiencing an itchy rash, breathing difficulty, swelling of the throat, face, tongue while taking medicine, immediately stop the medication and seek medical help
- However, to cope with the side effects of the medication, there are certain dos and don’ts that one must follow. E.g., if you are feeling sick, eat simple food and avoid spicy food. Take the medication after your meal
- If You are suffering from diarrhea, drink plenty of fluid to avoid dehydration. If you have a strong smell of pee or are peeing less, it means that your body is dehydrated. Never self-medicate yourself for diarrhea; consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Never share your medication with anyone. Also, do not use the same medicines again if you experience the same symptom; consult your doctor
- If the treatment is for long-duration medical tests such as kidney and liver function tests may be performed to monitor the side effects
Yes, the effectiveness of the contraceptives can be reduced if taken along with amoxicillin 500. Consult your doctor for some other method of contraception like diaphragm, condom, spermicide while on cipmox 500
Yes, amoxicillin 500 is considered safe but never self-medicate consult the doctor.
No amoxicillin does not cause drowsiness still if you feel some tiredness consult your doctor
Yes, it can cause an allergic reaction, but the allergic reaction is very rare. Also, it can cause an allergic reaction in patients who are allergic to penicillin. Some of the symptoms of allergic reaction are swelling of tongue, face, lips, and throat, difficulty in breathing, hives.